These shrimp kabobs are tender marinated shrimp skewered with vegetables then grilled to perfection. A healthy and colorful dinner that's quick to make and full of flavor!
For the marinade
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons parsley leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
For the kabobs
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined, tails can be left on or off depending on your preference
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into 3/4 inch pieces
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
Place the shrimp and vegetables in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours.
Thread the shrimp, bell peppers and onions onto skewers.
Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium high heat.
Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until shrimp are pink and opaque and vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 552mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1040IU | Vitamin C: 101.5mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 3.2mg