Mexican Chicken Soup
This Mexican chicken soup is tender chunks of chicken with vegetables, chiles and potatoes, all in a savory tomato broth. A great way to warm up on a cold day!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 2 carrots peeled, halved and sliced
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced or shredded
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 Russet potato peeled and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup corn frozen, fresh or canned
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
Add the green chiles, chicken, tomatoes, and taco seasoning to the pot, along with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Add the chicken broth and potato. Bring to a simmer.
Cook for 20-25 minute or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the corn.
Cook for 2-3 more minutes, then top with cilantro and serve.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 496mg | Potassium: 1125mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5570IU | Vitamin C: 45.8mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 3.6mg