The ultimate fruit crisp featuring your favorite summer fruit and a buttery oatmeal walnut topping.
Servings 8 servings
For the fruit
- 5 cups summer fruit (I used equal amounts of peaches, apricots, nectarines and cherries), cut into similar sized pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the topping
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- cooking spray
- Vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, gently mix the fruit with the sugar, flour and vanilla extract; transfer to baking pan.
For the topping, put the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, walnuts and salt into a medium bowl, stir to combine. Pour in the melted butter. Using a fork, stir the ingredients until they are thoroughly combined.
Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit mixture. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until topping is deep golden brown and fruit is bubbling. Cool slightly; serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
Make Ahead: The crisp can be made a day in advance; store it in the fridge until you're ready to serve it.
Little Helpers: My girls helped make the topping and they sprinkled it over the top of the fruit.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg