Quick and Easy Caprese Pasta
A simple quick and easy caprese pasta with just a few ingredients. You can make it from start to finish in 15 minutes.
Servings 6 servings
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 8 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 ripe tomatoes I used roma, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or equal parts dried basil, parsley and oregano)
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a heavy large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and saute just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta. Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the cheese and basil, and toss to coat. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1385IU | Vitamin C: 17.5mg | Calcium: 220mg | Iron: 1.3mg