Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
This slow cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe is filled with chicken, beans and veggies, all finished off with tortilla strips and a variety of toppings. The perfect hearty meal for a cold night!
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 4 ounce can mild green chilies
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 cup tortilla strips or more if desired
- Toppings such as sour cream, avocado, olives and shredded cheese
Place the onion, bell pepper, corn, black beans, chicken, chilies, tomato sauce, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, chicken broth and salt into a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Remove the chicken breasts from the pot and shred with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot.
Stir in the chopped cilantro and ladle into bowls. Top with tortilla strips and any other toppings you desire. Serve immediately.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 699mg | Potassium: 1311mg | Fiber: 9g | Vitamin A: 1230IU | Vitamin C: 53.1mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3.7mg