This Tuscan chicken is golden brown chicken breasts coated in a creamy parmesan, mushroom, sun dried tomato and spinach sauce. An easy dinner option that's quick enough to put together on a busy weeknight, yet elegant enough to serve to company.
- 1 1/4 lbs thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the pan. Place the chicken on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
Melt the butter in the pan. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the flour and whisk until well combined.
Pour the chicken broth and heavy cream to the pan. Whisk until well combined. Bring to a simmer. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the parmesan cheese. Add the spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Cook until the spinach has wilted.
Turn off the heat. Add the chicken back to the pan and spoon the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- I buy thin cut chicken breasts for this recipe. If your chicken breasts are thick, either increase the cook time or use a knife to cut them in half lengthwise.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 1094mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1750IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2.2mg