These refrigerator pickles are cucumbers that are pickled in a homemade brine with garlic, dill and spices. They're so easy to make without all the hassle of canning, and these pickles taste SO much better than the store bought variety!
- 3 1/2 cups cucumbers sliced or cut into spears
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves lightly crushed
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
In a large bowl, mix together the water, vinegar, salt, garlic, peppercorns and crushed red pepper flakes (if using).
Fill two pint sized jars with the cucumbers and dill sprigs.
Pour the brine over the cucumbers in each jar. Seal the jars and store in the refrigerator.
Refrigerate for at least 24 hours, or up to 2 weeks before serving.
Calories: 13kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 99mg | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.3mg