Cherry Tomato Salad
This summery cherry tomato salad is made with ripe cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, herbs and red onions, all tossed in a light garlic and herb dressing. A fun take on the classic caprese salad!
- 4 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella balls halved
- 1/4 cup red onion minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, chives, green onions, oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the tomatoes, mozzarella balls, red onion and herbs in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the dressing over the tomato mixture and gently toss to coat evenly. Serve.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 226mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 23.2mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 0.7mg