Korean Beef Bowls
These Korean beef bowls are made with ground beef cooked in a sweet and savory sauce, steamed rice and a colorful assortment of vegetables. An easy dinner option that's ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef I use 90% lean
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 cups steamed rice
- 3 cups steamed or sauteed vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, carrots, mushrooms and/or peppers
Place a large pan over medium high heat on the stove. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking the meat up with a spatula, until done, approximately 4-6 minutes.
Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 more minute.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, brown sugar and soy sauce.
Pour the sauce over the meat and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Add it to the beef mixture and cook for 1 minute or until sauce has thickened.
Stir in the green onions and sesame seeds.
Divide the rice and vegetables between 4 bowls. Spoon the beef over the top and serve.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 630mg | Potassium: 588mg | Sugar: 13g | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 4.3mg