Baked Lemon Chicken
This baked lemon chicken is coated in a butter and herb sauce, then roasted to perfection. A super easy dinner option that even the pickiest eaters will enjoy!
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lemon slices for serving optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and the Italian seasoning.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned.
Transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, chicken broth and lemon juice. Pour the butter mixture over the chicken.
Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Bake time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
Spoon the sauce on the bottom of the baking dish over the chicken, then sprinkle with parsley and serve. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
- Recipe adapted from Creme de la Crumb.
- When I make this recipe I use chicken breasts that are about 1 inch thick. If you use thinner chicken breasts, be sure to decrease the bake time accordingly.
Calories: 271kcal | Protein: 30g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 536mg | Vitamin A: 305IU | Vitamin C: 5.6mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.7mg