These shrimp fajitas are tender Mexican seasoned shrimp cooked in a skillet with plenty of peppers and onions. An easy dinner that's just as good as what you'd get at a restaurant!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers red, orange, yellow or a combination
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed if desired
- lime wedges for serving optional
- flour tortillas and fajita toppings of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the peppers and onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and charred on the edges. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
Add the shrimp to the pan and sprinkle the seasoning blend over the shrimp and vegetables. Stir to combine.
Cook for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
Sprinkle the cilantro over the top and serve. Garnish with lime wedges if desired. Serve the flour tortillas and toppings on the side and have everyone assemble their own fajitas.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 902mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 55% | Vitamin C: 123.4% | Calcium: 17.9% | Iron: 17.7%