Cream Cheese Danish with Fruit
These cream cheese danish are a light and flaky pastry topped with a sweet cream cheese filling and fruit. An easy yet elegant breakfast option!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- 1/2 cup pie filling of choice or diced fresh fruit
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the puff pastry sheets on a non stick surface such as parchment paper or a baking mat.
Use a 4 inch round cookie cutter or drinking glass rim to cut 4 circles out of each sheet of pastry. See recipe notes for ideas on what to do with leftover pastry scraps!
Using a small knife or a smaller cookie cutter, score a circle about 1/2 inch in from the edges of the pastry rounds.
Use a fork to prick all over inside the smaller circle.
Place the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in the bowl of a mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy.
Gently spread the cream cheese filling inside the smaller circle of each pastry round.
Brush the edges of the pastries with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Cool, then spoon 1 tablespoon of pie filling into the center of each pastry. Serve.
- Don't throw away your puff pastry scraps! Brush the scraps with a little melted butter, then sprinkle on the seasonings of your choice and a some finely grated cheese. Twist the pastry into breadsticks and bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Adapted from Just a Taste.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 74mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 6.3% | Calcium: 3% | Iron: 9.7%