Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
These hot ham and cheese pinwheels are rolls loaded with plenty of meat and swiss, then topped with a butter poppy seed sauce and baked to golden brown perfection. I serve ham and cheese roll ups at every party and there are never any leftovers!
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 3/4 lb ham very thinly sliced
- 8 ounces swiss cheese very thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9"x13" pan with cooking spray.
Unroll the pizza dough onto a non-stick surface and roll it into a large rectangle, roughly 13"x8" in size.
Layer the ham on top of the pizza dough to cover it completely, then layer the cheese in the same fashion.
Starting at one of the long ends, tightly roll up the dough, jelly roll style, pinching the end to seal.
Cut the loaf crosswise into 12 equal sized pieces, then arrange in the prepared pan.
Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, Dijon mustard and poppy seeds, then pour evenly over the rolls.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley if desired, then serve.
- Recipe adapted from Kevin and Amanda.
- You can also make this recipe with crescent roll sheets instead of pizza dough, use 1 1/2 of the 8 ounce cans.
- Sesame seeds are a great substitute for poppy seeds for a little different take on things.
- The rolls can be stored unbaked for up to 24 hours in the fridge, simply cover with foil and then bake them when you're ready.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 690mg | Potassium: 106mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 1.3mg