No holiday party is complete without a big bowl of reindeer chow! This Christmas chex mix is loaded with chocolate flavor and is perfect for feeding a crowd.
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup dry brownie mix or 1 cup powdered sugar mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 bag Christmas M&M's 12 ounce bag
- 2 cups mini peanut butter cups
- 2 cups pretzel twists
Place the cereal in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave the chocolate mixture for 30 second intervals until melted; stir until smooth.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and use a spatula to gently toss the cereal in the chocolate until completely coated.
Place the brownie mix inside a resealable gallon sized plastic bag. Add the chocolate coated cereal. Seal, then shake until cereal is coated in the brownie mix.
Spread the cereal out in a single layer on a sheet of parchment paper; cool completely until dry.
Combine the cereal, M&M's, peanut butter cups and pretzel twists, then serve.
1. Adapted from Your Cup of Cake
2. To make this reindeer chow peanut free, use white candy melts instead of peanut butter in the chex and swap out the peanut butter cups for mini marshmallows.
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 686mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 8.6mg