Asian Noodle Salad
This easy Asian noodle salad recipe is ramen noodles and colorful veggies all tossed in a sesame hoisin dressing. The perfect side dish for any summer celebration!
- 4 3-ounce packages dried ramen noodles (seasoning packs discarded)
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper finely diced
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the ramen noodles according to package instructions.
While ramen noodles are cooking, in a small bowl whisk together the hoisin sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ginger and salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
Run cold water over the noodles to cool them to room temperature, and transfer them to a large bowl. Add the cabbage, carrot, bell peppers, edamame, green onions and cilantro to the bowl.
Pour the dressing over the noodle mixture and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and peanuts and serve.
- Leftovers will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- No ramen noodles on hand? You can use a different type of Asian noodle such as lo mein noodles, yakisoba or even spaghetti in a pinch.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1058mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 47.6mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2.9mg