This recipe for Mediterranean quinoa salad is full of fresh vegetables, feta cheese and olives, tossed in a lemon and herb dressing and topped with herbs. It's a light and colorful addition to any meal!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salad: Place the quinoa, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, feta cheese, chickpeas, parsley and olives in a large bowl.
For the dressing: Combine all of the ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to combine. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 372mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1070IU | Vitamin C: 38.2mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 3.2mg