This recipe for alphabet soup is full of ground beef, vegetables and tender pasta, all simmered in a hearty tomato broth. The perfect family friendly dinner option!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 2 carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 6 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup alphabet noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves chopped
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery to the pot.
Cook for 5-6 minutes or until softened.
Add the ground beef to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned and mostly cooked through. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, beef broth, alphabet noodles, corn and green beans to the pot; bring to a simmer.
Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are tender and vegetables have softened.
Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 976mg | Potassium: 672mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3650IU | Vitamin C: 12.2mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 3.2mg