Lemon Thyme Chicken with Vegetables
This recipe for lemon thyme chicken is a one pan meal of tender chicken thighs, new potatoes and spring vegetables, all seasoned with a sweet and savory butter and roasted to perfection.
Servings 6 servings
- Cooking spray
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons C&H® Honey Granules or 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves chopped
- the zest of 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus stalks woody ends removed
- 1 pound baby carrots peeled and halved lengthwise (can also use regular carrots that are halved and cut into 3-4 inch pieces)
- 1 pound small new potatoes halved
- Optional garnishes: chopped parsley, coarse salt, lemon slices
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the butter, honey granules, thyme, lemon zest and garlic in a bowl; add salt and pepper to taste and mix until thoroughly combined.
Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Place the chicken thighs on the pan.
Using your fingers, partially loosen the skin of the chicken thighs, creating a pocket between the skin and the meat.
Take half of the butter mixture and divide it evenly among the chicken, placing approximately 2 teaspoons of the mixture under the skin of each chicken thigh.
Season the tops of the chicken thighs evenly with salt and pepper.
Place the potatoes and carrots on the pan around the chicken thighs. Microwave the remaining butter mixture for 10-20 seconds or until just melted and drizzle it over the vegetables.
Bake for 30 minutes. Season the asparagus stalks with salt and pepper and then add the asparagus to the pan and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve immediately, garnish with parsley, coarse salt and/or lemon slices if desired.
Calories: 531kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 953mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 11490IU | Vitamin C: 22.7mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 4mg