Chicken Club Sandwich
This updated club sandwich includes lemon herb grilled chicken, homemade avocado ranch spread, plenty of bacon and lots of summer tomatoes.
Servings 4 sandwiches
For the chicken
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the avocado ranch spread
- 1 cup sour cream light is fine
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and flesh removed and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill can substitute 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of sliced green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sandwich
- 4 sandwich rolls
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 3-4 heirloom tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 cup microgreens OR 4 leaves of romaine or butter lettuce
For the chicken: Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, Italian herb seasoning, salt and pepper in a large resealable bag.
Add the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour, up to 8 hours.
Heat a grill to medium-high. Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side until done. Slice into thin strips. Alternatively you can cook the chicken inside on a grill pan.
For the avocado ranch spread: Combine all ingredients in a food processor; process until completely smooth.
To assemble: Slice your rolls in half. Toast the rolls if desired.
Spread 2 tablespoons of the avocado ranch sauce on the bottom piece of bread. Add 2 slices of bacon and sliced chicken. Top with sliced tomatoes and greens. Add more ranch spread to the top of the roll if desired.