Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta
This recipe for Cajun shrimp and sausage pasta is sauteed shrimp and smoked sausage with colorful vegetables, all served over a creamy pasta. Dinner's ready in less than 30 minutes with plenty of bold flavors!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound large shrimp you can either remove the tails or leave them on for a more elegant presentation, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter divided use
- 8 ounces smoked sausage such as andouille or kielbasa cut into slices
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning or more to taste
- 1/2 cup yellow onion minced
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers I used red and yellow
- 10 ounces linguine pasta other long pasta varieties will also work
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large pan over medium heat.
Add the onions and peppers and cook for 4-6 minutes or until softened. Season with 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning.
Add the sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Season the shrimp with the remaining teaspoon of Cajun seasoning and add them to the pan, cooking for 2-3 minutes or until pink and opaque.
Drain the pasta and return to the pot it cooked in. Turn the heat on medium high and add the cream and butter along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until sauce has started to thicken. Stir in parmesan cheese.
Place the shrimp and sausage mixture on top of the pasta and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Calories: 719kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 474mg | Sodium: 730mg | Potassium: 656mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3145IU | Vitamin C: 62.4mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 5mg