This recipe for chicken primavera is seared chicken breasts served atop a lemon butter pasta with plenty of fresh vegetables. A spring time dinner that's fit for any occasion!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound of Foster Farms® Organic Chicken Thin-Sliced Breast Fillets
- 2 teaspoons organic olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces organic linguine pasta
- 4 tablespoons of organic butter
- 1 tablespoon of organic lemon juice
- 1 cup organic asparagus spears trimmed and cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 cup organic baby carrots can also use regular sized carrots that have been thinly sliced, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup organic fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons organic chopped parsley
- optional: lemon wedges for garnish
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
Season the chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken breasts in the pan; cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Cut the chicken crosswise into slices.
Prepare the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. 4 minutes before the pasta is done, add the carrots, asparagus and peas to the boiling water.
Drain the pasta and vegetables, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
Return the pasta and vegetables to the pasta pot. Turn the heat on low and add the butter and lemon juice, stirring to coat. Add the pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the sauce is at your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange the chicken on top of the pasta mixture and sprinkle with parsley. Serve, with lemon wedges if desired.
Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 776mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5355IU | Vitamin C: 15.4mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2.7mg