Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels
This recipe for Mexican tortilla pinwheels is two types of cheese, black beans and colorful veggies all rolled up inside tortillas and cut into rounds. The perfect make-ahead snack or appetizer!
Servings 6 servings
- 4 large spinach or regular tortillas burrito size
- 8 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder or more to taste
- 1 cup of canned black beans drained and rinsed, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup of finely chopped red orange and/or yellow bell pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chili powder. You can add additional chili powder to taste if you like more of a kick.
Spread the cream cheese over the entire surface of each tortilla.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup of black beans and 1/4 cup of bell pepper on one end of each tortilla.
Roll up the tortillas tightly. You can add a dab of cream cheese on the end to hold the rolls together if needed.
Slice the tortilla rolls crosswise into pinwheels.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 8 hours prior to serving. Serve sprinkled with cilantro and additional black beans and bell pepper if desired.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 438mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g