This recipe for antipasto salad is loaded with Italian meats, cheese and veggies, all tossed in a homemade zesty dressing.
For the salad:
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped salami
- 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto
- 1/4 cup olives I used kalamata
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped (jarred or homemade)
- 1 cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1/2 cup marinated mozzarella balls drained
- 4-6 small pepperoncini peppers
- optional garnish: chopped parsley
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing: Place all of the salad dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl; toss with half of the dressing.
Arrange the meats, cheese, olives, chickpeas and vegetables on top of the greens. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top and serve, garnished with parsley if desired.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 983mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g