Tuscan Kale Salad
This recipe for tuscan kale salad is full of kale, grilled chicken, avocado, tomatoes, almonds and feta cheese, all tossed in a simple lemon dressing. An easy and healthy meal!
Servings 2 servings
- 4 cups tuscan kale ribs removed and cut into small pieces, also known as lacinato or dinosaur kale
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of tomatoes chopped if large or cut into quarters if small
- 1/2 of an avocado peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds coarsely chopped
In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup of olive oil with lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place the kale in a large bowl and pour 3/4 of the dressing over the kale. Toss to coat well.
Using your hands, massage the kale for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until done - cook time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Slice the chicken and arrange it on top of the kale.
Arrange the tomatoes, avocado, almonds and feta cheese on top of the kale. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
Calories: 546kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 387mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g