Chicken Almond Ding
This recipe for chicken almond ding is a stir fry full of chicken, veggies and crunchy almonds, all tossed in a savory sauce. The perfect healthy dinner that's ready in a flash!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 cups of assorted mixed vegetables such as small broccoli florets snow peas, bell peppers and sliced mushrooms
- 1 8-ounce can of sliced water chestnuts drained
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds toasted
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and hoisin sauce; set aside.
In a large pan heat the oil over medium high heat. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and add it to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 3-5 minutes per side.
Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the vegetables to the pan along with 2 teaspoons of water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp tender, approximately 4-5 minutes depending on the size of your vegetables. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the chicken broth mixture to the pan and turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, or until sauce has thickened.
Stir in the almonds and serve immediately, over rice if desired.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 771mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g