This recipe for chicken caprese is grilled seasoned chicken, topped with fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, basil and balsamic reduction. A quick and easy dinner that's easy enough for a busy weeknight but special enough to serve to company!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry italian seasoning (or equal parts of garlic powder dried oregano and dried basil)
- 4 thick slices of ripe tomato
- 4 1- ounce slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over chicken breasts and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle italian seasoning over the chicken.
Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until done. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
When chicken is done top with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook for 1 more minute.
Remove from heat and place chicken breasts on a plate. Top each breast with 1 slice of tomato, thinly sliced basil and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 287mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g