This muhammara recipe is a creamy roasted red pepper and walnut dip that's full of flavor. Serve it with pita chips or vegetables for an easy yet unexpected make-ahead appetizer.
Servings 6 servings
- 3 roasted red bell peppers seeded, cored and peeled (or 1 and 1/2 cups jarred roasted peppers)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: Olive oil, chopped walnuts, chopped parsley
Place the roasted peppers, walnuts, breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, cumin and red pepper flakes in the bowl of a food processor. Process until combined.
With the motor running, gradually add the oil until the mixture is smooth.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
If desired, top with a drizzle of olive oil, walnuts and parsley. Serve with pita chips.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 39mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g