Ham Bone Soup (Slow Cooker)
This slow cooker ham bone soup is loaded with beans and veggies, it's the absolute best way to use up leftover ham!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 yellow onion peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 ham bone
- 1 20 ounce bag dried bean soup mix
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups diced ham
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Rinse the beans thoroughly; set aside the seasoning packet for later use.
Place the onion, carrot, ham bone, beans, chicken broth, thyme and garlic in a slow cooker.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours, or until beans are done.
Remove the ham bone from the slow cooker. Stir in the diced ham, tomatoes, seasoning packet and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies.
- If you don't have a ham bone, you can make this soup using 2 ham hocks instead, they're carried at most grocery stores.
Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 670mg | Potassium: 1679mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5095IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 7.7mg