Thai Basil Chicken
This Thai basil chicken is finely diced chicken that is stir fried with bell peppers, shallots and fresh basil leaves, all in a savory sauce. A take out classic that's quick and easy to make in the comfort of your own home!
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
For the stir fry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shallots diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 small serrano chili thinly sliced. omit if you don't like heat
- 1 cup small fresh Thai basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- rice for serving
For the stir fry
Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the red and green bell peppers and shallots, then cook for another 4-5 minutes or until peppers have softened.
Add the garlic and serrano pepper. Cook for 1 more minute.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables, then bring to a simmer.
Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has just thickened. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Stir in the basil leaves, then serve immediately, over rice if desired.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 941mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1083IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg