White Chicken Chili
This white chicken chili is a creamy blend of chicken, chilies, beans and spices, all simmered together to make a hearty one pot meal. A quick and easy dinner option that always gets rave reviews!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno seeds and ribs removed, then minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 7 ounce can diced green chiles drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- assorted toppings such as cilantro, tortilla strips and avocado
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the onion to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just softened.
Add the chicken in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Stir in the garlic and jalapeno and cook for one minute.
Add the green chiles, cumin, coriander, oregano and chicken broth, along with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Bring the soup to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
Add the cannellini beans, sour cream and cream cheese. Turn the heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, until the cheese has melted and soup is creamy.
Remove the chili from the heat. Stir in the lime juice. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 442IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg