Low Country Boil
This Low Country Boil is a blend of shrimp, crab, sausage, corn and potatoes, all cooked together to create a hearty dinner. A complete meal in one pot that's perfect for a feeding a large group of people!
- 3 lemons divided use
- 1/2 cup Old Bay seasoning plus more for garnish
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 onion peeled and cut into 6 pieces
- 1 pound baby red potatoes halved
- 4 ears corn on the cob cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined (leave tails on)
- 2 pounds crab legs and/or bodies
- 1 pound smoked sausage such as kielbasa, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Cut 2 of the lemons into quarters. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges and reserve the wedges for later use.
Fill a large pot with 12-14 cups of water. Place the 2 quartered lemons in the water along with the Old Bay seasoning, garlic and onion. Bring to a boil.
Add the potatoes to the pot and cook for 10-12 minutes or until just tender.
Add the crab, corn and sausage and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Add the shrimp to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until pink and opaque.
Drain the shrimp mixture from the pot, reserving 1 cup of the broth.
Melt the butter and whisk it into the reserved broth. Pour the broth over the shrimp and crab mixture.
Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay seasoning to taste, then serve immediately.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 450mg | Sodium: 1892mg | Potassium: 923mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 48.4mg | Calcium: 316mg | Iron: 7.3mg