Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
These cauliflower mashed potatoes are mixed with butter, cream and seasonings to make a super delicious side dish that's low in carbohydrates. This mashed cauliflower is so good that you won't even miss the potatoes!
- 2 heads cauliflower approximately 4 cups, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter melted, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
Boil or steam the cauliflower until tender. Boiling and steaming directions are both provided in the post.
Drain the cauliflower, and place it into the bowl of a food processor along with the cream, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Puree until the cauliflower mixture is smooth.
Place the mixture in a bowl. Drizzle with additional melted butter if desired. Add a sprinkle of salt, pepper and parsley, then serve.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 751mg | Potassium: 886mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 722IU | Vitamin C: 141mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg