This sauteed kale recipe is fresh greens cooked with butter, garlic and onions until tender, then topped with fresh herbs. A simple and healthy side dish that pairs perfectly with chicken, fish and beef.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups kale leaves stems removed, cut or torn into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken broth can also use vegetable broth or water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as parsley or dill
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just softened.
Add the salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to the pan. Stir to combine.
Place the kale in the pan, and pour in the chicken broth.
Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Sprinkle the fresh herbs over the top, then serve.
Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 345mg | Potassium: 26mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 2mg