This grilled eggplant is marinated in garlic and herbs, then cooked until tender and golden brown. An easy and healthy side dish that pairs perfectly with a variety of grilled meats and seafood.
- 2 large eggplants cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves chopped, plus more for garnish
- lemon wedges for serving optional
Place the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, minced garlic and parsley in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
Add the eggplant slices to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
Cook the eggplant for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned and tender.
Place the eggplant on a serving plate. Sprinkle with additional parsley and garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
- Make sure all your eggplant slices are similar in size so that they cook at the same rate.
- If you don't have a grill available, this recipe will also work in the oven. Broil for 3-4 minutes per side or until tender.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 392mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1360IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3.6mg