This vegetable soup is a hearty blend of colorful veggies and potatoes, all simmered together in a savory tomato broth. A healthy and flavorful dinner option that's quick to make and always gets rave reviews!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 3 carrots peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups Russet potato peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup diced green beans fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery to the pot.
Cook for 5-6 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, vegetable broth and potato to the pot; bring to a simmer.
Cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
Stir in the corn and green beans and cook for 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1186mg | Potassium: 644mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5932IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg