These fried pickles are coated in a seasoned beer batter, then deep fried until crispy and golden brown. A unique and unexpected appetizer option that's sure to get rave reviews!
- 2 cups sliced pickles I like to cut 3/4 inch thick slices from whole pickles
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour divided use
- 1 1/4 cups beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep pot to 375 degrees F.
Coat the pickles in 1/2 cup flour, shaking off any excess.
In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining cup of flour, beer, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
Coat each pickle slice in batter, letting the excess batter drip back into the bowl.
Fry 8-10 pickle slices at a time until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
Repeat the process with the remaining pickles.
Sprinkle with parsley, then serve immediately.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 686mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2.3mg