This beef bulgogi is steak in a sweet and savory marinade that's grilled or pan seared to perfection. A traditional Korean dish that's perfect served over steamed rice or inside lettuce leaves.
- 2 pounds steak such as rib eye, sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Asian pear peeled and finely grated
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon Korean gochujang sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
Place the soy sauce, brown sugar, toasted sesame oil, Asian pear, garlic, ginger, gochujang sauce and black pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine.
Add the steak to the bowl and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, or up to 24 hours.
Preheat a grill or indoor grill pan over medium high heat. Remove the meat from the marinade, scraping off any large chunks of garlic or pear.
Place the meat in a single layer on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
Alternatively, you can cook the meat in a skillet on the stove top for 2-3 minutes per side.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds and green onions over the meat, then serve.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 717mg | Potassium: 449mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 3.1mg