Stir Fry Noodles
These stir fry noodles are loaded with chicken and colorful vegetables with a savory sauce. A remake of the take out favorite that tastes even better than what you'd get at a restaurant!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin slices
- 10 ounces fresh egg noodles pre-cooked
- 3/4 cup shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced, stems removed
- 1/2 cup shredded or julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion tops (only the dark green part)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Remove the chicken from the pan. Add the mushrooms, carrots, celery and red bell pepper to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until just softened.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the noodles to the pan, along with the chicken. Toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch.
Pour the sauce into the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with green onions, then serve.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 706mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g