This recipe for baked oatmeal is a blend of oats with milk, sweetener, eggs and fresh berries, all baked together to golden brown perfection. Baked oatmeal is perfect for serving a brunch crowd and is great for meal prep and grab and go breakfasts.
- 4 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 1/2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups berries such as blueberries and raspberries, divided use
- cooking spray
- maple syrup and berries for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2 or 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar, applesauce, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract to a large bowl.
Stir until well blended.
Gently fold in 1 cup of the berries.
Pour the oatmeal mixture into the baking pan. Arrange the remaining berries over the top.
Bake for 40 minutes or until oatmeal is browned and cooked through.
Serve, topped with maple syrup and berries if desired.
- Baked oatmeal can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- For freezer storage, place slices of oatmeal on a parchment lined sheet pan, then freeze until solid. Transfer the oatmeal slices to a freezer bag for longer term storage.
- To reheat, microwave an oatmeal slice for 30-40 seconds.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 2.2mg