This tomato salad recipe is ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella cheese and red onions, all tossed together in a zesty garlic and herb dressing. A classic summer salad that never goes out of style!
- 5 cups tomatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup bocconcini mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup small basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the tomatoes, mozzarella balls, red onion and basil in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the dressing over the tomato mixture and gently toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1035IU | Vitamin C: 17.5mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 0.4mg