Green Bean Salad
This green bean salad is made with fresh green beans, tomatoes, feta cheese and olives, all tossed in a Greek style dressing. An easy and satisfying salad that's full of bright flavors and colors.
For the salad
- 1 pound green beans trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs such as dill, parsley, chives and/or basil
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
Drain the green beans and place them in a bowl of ice water to cool. Place on a paper towel and pat dry.
Add the green beans, tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, olives and herbs to a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano and salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat, then serve.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 410mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1090IU | Vitamin C: 24.5mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 1.7mg