This taco soup is a hearty blend of ground beef, two types of beans, vegetables and seasonings, all simmered to perfection. An easy dinner option that's kid friendly and quick to make!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, cored and chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles drained
- 6 cups beef broth
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- toppings such as cilantro, tortilla strips, sour cream, avocado and shredded cheese
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the ground beef.
Cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula.
Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Add the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chiles, beef broth, black beans, pinto beans and corn to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
Simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 621mg | Potassium: 1292mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1415IU | Vitamin C: 39.8mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 6.7mg