Roasted Turkey Breast with Garlic and Herbs
This roasted turkey breast is coated in a savory garlic and herb butter, then baked to golden brown perfection. The perfect quick and easy option for a holiday meal or everyday dinner!
- 6 lb bone in turkey breast I use a half breast
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sage leaves finely minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary leaves finely minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves finely minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- rosemary sprigs for garnish optional
- cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
Place the butter, garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley and salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine.
Loosen the skin of the turkey breast. Spread half of the butter underneath the skin of the turkey, and the other half of the butter on top of the turkey breast.
Place the turkey in the baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until skin has just started to brown.
Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices.
Check the temperature of the turkey by inserting a thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. The turkey can come out of the oven when the thermometer registers at least 160 degrees.
Cover the turkey with foil and let it sit for 5-10 minutes, or until thermometer registers at least 165 degrees F.
Garnish with rosemary and serve.
- If your turkey breast is larger or smaller than the size indicated in the recipe, you can adjust the cook time accordingly. Turkey breast cooks for approximately 20 minutes per pound.
- This recipe calls for a half turkey breast. If you use a full turkey breast, make double the herb butter mixture.
Calories: 399kcal | Protein: 88g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 245mg | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 1002mg | Vitamin A: 560IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 2.6mg