Loaded Corn Casserole
This easy corn casserole is loaded with corn, bacon, cheese, peppers and green onions. It's a hearty and flavorful side dish that's perfect to go with a holiday meal!
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 8 1/2 ounce package cornbread mix such as Jiffy
- 15 ounce can corn kernels drained
- 14 3/4 ounce can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions plus more for garnish
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper plus more for garnish
- cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 inch square pan or 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Place the butter, eggs, cornbread mix, corn kernels, creamed corn and sour cream in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
Add the bacon, green onions, cheese and red pepper to the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with additional bacon, green onions and bell pepper if desired, then serve.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 633mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 830IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 1.6mg