Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
This Olive Garden minestrone soup is loaded with vegetables, beans and pasta in a tomato broth. It's a copycat of the restaurant version that tastes even better than the original recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 zucchini quartered and sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 15 ounce can small white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots and zucchini to the pot.
Cook until the vegetables are tender, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste and Italian seasoning to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
Add the white beans, kidney beans, green beans and pasta to the pot. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender.
Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the spinach leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted.
Sprinkle the parsley over the soup and serve.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 644mg | Potassium: 1047mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3335IU | Vitamin C: 14.3mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 5.9mg