Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These chicken lettuce wraps contain ground chicken and veggies cooked in a savory sauce and served in cool lettuce leaves. A PF Chang's copycat recipe that's super easy to make and tastes just as good as the restaurant version!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms stems discarded, caps finely diced
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 8 ounce can water chestnuts drained and finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves separated
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until mostly cooked through.
Add the mushrooms and onion to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
Stir in the water chestnuts, garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 more minute.
In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
Pour the sauce over the ground chicken mixture and toss to coat evenly.
Sprinkle the green onions over the chicken mixture.
Spoon the chicken into the lettuce leaves and serve.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 604mg | Potassium: 935mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1350IU | Vitamin C: 3.7mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2.5mg