Jerk Shrimp Kabobs
These jerk shrimp kabobs are skewers of shrimp, pineapple and peppers, all coated in homemade Jamaican jerk seasoning, then grilled to perfection. A quick dinner option that's full of flavor.
For the jerk seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper more or less to taste, this is spicy!
For the shrimp kabobs
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed if desired
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
For the jerk seasoning: combine all the spices. Store in a jar or resealable bag for later use.
Heat a grill or a grill pan to medium high.
Thread the shrimp, pineapple and red pepper onto skewers.
Brush the skewers with olive oil and sprinkle 2-3 teaspoons of jerk seasoning over the skewers - be sure to season both sides.
Place on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Broiler instructions: Place the skewers on a sheet pan coated with cooking spray. Broil for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- The jerk seasoning makes about 1/3 cup so you will have some left over. Store it in a cool dark place for up to 6 months and sprinkle over meats, vegetables and fish.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 1790IU | Vitamin C: 70.5mg | Calcium: 226mg | Iron: 4.2mg