This greek orzo salad is made with cucumbers, chickpeas, tomatoes, red onion, feta and herbs, all tossed in a herb dressing. A simple yet hearty pasta salad that can be served as a main course or side dish.
- 8 ounces dried orzo pasta cooked in salted water according to package directions, then cooled
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the orzo pasta, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, red onion, parsley and feta cheese in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, oregano and salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture. Toss to coat, then serve.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 8.6mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1.7mg