Baked Oatmeal Cups
These baked oatmeal cups are a grab and go breakfast made with oats, milk, brown sugar and eggs. Top your oatmeal muffins with maple syrup and fresh fruit for a wholesome and filling meal!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- maple syrup and berries for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the wells of a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
Add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar, applesauce, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract to a large bowl.
Stir until well blended.
Spoon the oatmeal mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool.
Serve, topped with maple syrup and berries if desired.
- Oatmeal cups can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- For freezer storage, place the oatmeal cups on a parchment lined sheet pan, then freeze until solid. Transfer the oatmeal cups to a freezer bag for longer term storage.
- To reheat, microwave an oatmeal cup for 20-30 seconds.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 2.2mg