This easy taco pasta is made with ground beef, tomatoes, and plenty of cheese, all tossed in a creamy sauce. Garnish with your favorite taco toppings for a quick and family friendly dinner option!
- 8 ounces rotini pasta or other short pasta
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Additional taco toppings if desired such as tortilla strips, olives, avocado and jalapenos
Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the beef.
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and break up with a spatula.
Add the onion to the pan.
Cook for 4-5 minutes or until meat is browned and cooked through, and onion is tender.
Add the tomatoes and taco seasoning to the pan and stir to combine.
Pour the cooked pasta into the pan with the meat. Reduce the heat to low.
Add the cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar cheese to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly until cheese are melted.
Add reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed to thin the sauce to desired consistency.
Sprinkle with tomatoes and cilantro and serve. Add additional taco toppings if desired.
Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 642mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1075IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 291mg | Iron: 3.8mg